Hiring movers, pros and cons
The age old question (ok maybe not age old, just decades old) when moving is whether or not to hire movers. Here are some pros and cons to help you make the best decision.
Quick tip: To hire, or not to hire
Let’s begin with the cons.
- First, lack of flexibility. Your packing has to meet their standards and they deliver your items based on their schedule not yours.
- Next, the average cost of hiring movers is $2,300. That may be money you need for other things.
- Also, trusting your possessions to strangers can be nerve-wracking.
Now let’s look at the pros.
- Movers will do the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.
- Friends can flake out but a reputable company will work to fulfill their contract.
- There is less stress knowing the mover will have all the tools needed to avoid most problems.